Jazz - Green Cheek Conure Blog

Monday, May 11, 2009

The Honeymoon is Over

My sweet, sweet Jazz. He has decided that the honeymoon is over and he is going to see what exactly he can get away with. Even though he has opened up immensely with us and is more cuddly, talking more, all around a whole lot more outgoing, he has begun biting. Not the gentle nips like before he actually drew blood on my hubby's ear and left bruises on my fingers.

Some GCC owners find blowing in their faces to work. Jazz really doesn't care. He just bites again. So, when he bites, he goes back into his cage with the door shut for a time out. So far that seems to be working. I will keep ya posted.



Update on the Snuggle Bag


The Snuggle bag I made had one design flaw. Jazz couldn't get in and turn around, so he wasn't getting in. I opened the other end, so now it's more like a tube, and now he plays in it, climbs on it and sleeps in it. You can see the pictures of it (before I opened the end) on our toys page.



Aviator Harness


The petite Harness I got was too small for Jazz, as some of you know. I wrote to Parrot University and they said to send it in, that they guarantee fit. When they got it, they said that it was the proper size for a GCC and tried it on one of their birds and said it was right. I guess Jazz is bigger than your average GCC. So, they sent me the extra small and I got it in the mail today. We will see if it fits better. I will let you know.

Update: At lunch I ran home and tried the harness. Yeah, well, I think its the right size but Jazz panicked. Then hubby panicked. He kept saying, "He's going to break something." So we took it off and we'll try again after we let him play with it a little more. I also have a flight suit coming in a few days. We'll see if that is easier for him, since it doesn't go over his head.
posted by Jazz - The Green Cheek Conure at 8:53 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home