Jazz - Green Cheek Conure Blog

Monday, May 18, 2009

Getting there...

I had some new pics of Jazz but the camera died, so I will have to post them later.

He is talking more now. He doesn't like it when Dusty (the Heeler) gets too excited and tells her "No bite", he laughs my laugh, which is hilarious, and he mimics the squeaky toy that Dusty plays with.

He still doesn't quite know what to think of the flight suit. When I put it on him, he doesn't fight me at all, but he chews on the top of the Velcro at the back. He gets the suit on almost every day and he immediately gets to go outside when the suit is on. So far, he doesn't seem to really care that he gets to go outside. He loves it when we go places and other people pay attention to him, but just outside seems to be no big deal. The awesome thing is, the suit works great for what its purpose is. He can't fly away and he doesn't poop anywhere. The suit comes off clean, no poop on Jazz, not even on the feathers around his vent. It's all on the liner in the suit. I take the liner off and throw it away and its just that simple.

This weekend, Jazz stepped up on my hand and his feet felt so warm. I was scared, I had never noticed that before. I got on the computer and talked to some other GCC owners and searched it out on the web and, phew!, its normal. Warm feet are actually a sign of a healthy bird. Yay! Just wanted to share that piece of information in case another GCC mom finds themselves with a case of warm birdie feet.

I just love being a GCC momma. Its so great! I hope that you enjoy following along with me just as much! Have a great day!

posted by Jazz - The Green Cheek Conure at 11:58 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home