Jazz - Green Cheek Conure Blog

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Pictures and Updates

Jazz is a camera ham! The boy loves to have his picture taken. If I get the camera out, he runs to the top of his cage and does anything he can to get his picture taken.

Silly bird! He loves his playgym. His favorite thing to do up here is to take it apart and throw the ladder in the floor. He loves it when someone new is sitting on the loveseat. Its gets him tons of attention. I swear you can almost hear him thinking. "I wonder how many times this one will pick up my ladder and put it back where it goes before they figure out what I'm doing."


Snuggle Bag


Here he is in his snuggle bag. Since I opened up the end, he sleeps in it every night. He plays in it too, climbing through it is a fun game! If you want directions on how to make your own, you can find them on the toys page of our website.


Where Are You?

Being the flock creature he is, Jazz does not like being left alone and he has really bonded to me. So when I get home from work, if I don't come see him right away, he will whistle at me until I whistle back. This is just his way of checking to see where I am and that I know he wants to see me.

Most mornings, my husband and I get up within a few minutes of each other. When hubby wakes, he goes into the living room, turns on the light and lets the puppy out of her crate. Usually I walk through just in time for Jazzie to crawl out of his snuggle bag and stretch. I tell him "Good Morning" and open the door and he rushes to greet me. This morning, I was lazy and stayed in bed a few extra minutes, so after hubby walked through and took care of the puppy, Jazz climbed out of his bag and stood there looking back and forth, back and forth (I could see him in the mirror)watching for me. When I didn't follow suit, he let out a loud whistle. I think he was worried about his Momma, so I whistled back. The look on his face was priceless, it was like, "Phew, I was lookin for ya." He was okay because I answered him and went about his morning. Climbed down and took a drink, took a few bites of food and checked out his place to make sure everything was as it should be.

When I finally got out of bed and opened the door, he ran to the top of the cage and gave me a sweet kiss. What a great way to start a morning!


Messy Mouth




Jazz will not eat over his plate, so please excuse his table manners. He gets a mouthful of food and then goes to the door of his cage and eats it. Heaven forbid that he miss a minute of what's going on!! Don't worry, though, Jazz is a very healty 69.7 grams, so no Weight Watchers for this birdie!!!

posted by Jazz - The Green Cheek Conure at 11:47 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home